Radiocommunications Licence Conditions (Land Mobile Licence) Determination No. 1 of 1997
As sourced from the ACA Web Page. www.aca.gov.au
PART 6-CONDITIONS FOR LAND MOBILE LICENCE (CBRS REPEATER STATION)
29. For paragraph 107 (1) (f) of the Act, a land mobile licence (CBRS repeater station) is subject to the conditions set out in this Part relating to the operation of any CBRS repeater station under the licence by the licensee.
Technical performance of a CBRS repeater station
30. A CBRS repeater station that includes equipment manufactured or imported into Australia must comply with the requirements of the relevant document mentioned in the Schedule.
Connection to a telecommunications network
31. The licensee must not, directly or indirectly, connect a CBRS repeater station to a telecommunications network operated by a carrier or a carriage service provider.
32. (1) The licensee must not operate a CBRS repeater station unless it is operated:
(a) to receive signals or re-transmit those signals or
(b) to transmit a signal that identifies the station.
(2) A CBRS repeater station must incorporate a device that prevents the transmission of a signal in the absence of a received signal.
33. The licensee must not operate a CBRS repeater station using coding equipment to limit access to the station.
Continuous use of a CBRS repeater station
34. (1) The licensee must operate a CBRS repeater station in a manner that provides a continuously available service to a user. (KUR02 does not comply with this paragraph) A blatant breach of this determination!!!!!! You just can't shut down the repeater just because you don't like what's being heard BB.
(2) However, the licensee must not operate the station, or continue to transmit from the station, if:
(a) there is a malfunction in the station or
(b) the operation of the station causes harmful interference to a service provided by another station.
Transportable CBRS repeater stations: restrictions on operations
35. (1) The licensee must not operate a transportable CBRS repeater station if its operation causes harmful interference to a service provided by another station.
(2) The licensee must not operate a transportable CBRS repeater station on the same carrier frequency as a CBRS repeater station, if the station is within 100 kilometres of the CBRS repeater station.
(3) However, if a CBRS repeater station is operating on the carrier frequency 476.525 MHz (channel 5), the licensee must not operate a transportable CBRS repeater station on that frequency if the station is within 70 kilometres of the CBRS repeater station.
(4) The licensee must not operate a transportable CBRS repeater station at a particular location unless the SMA approves of the operation of the station at the location before the licensee starts to operate the station at the location.
Charge for use of CBRS repeater station
36. The licensee must not impose any charge or penalty, or ask for payment of any kind, for the use of a CBRS repeater station.
37. (1) The licensee must operate a CBRS repeater station by transmitting the call sign allocated to the licensee by the SMA:
(a) at least once in each 5 minute period of operation of the station and
(b) by morse code signal or by a synthesised voice.
(2) If the licensee transmits the call sign by a morse code signal, the signal must be transmitted:
(a) using a modulating tone in the frequency range 700 to 3000 Hz (inclusive) and
at a rate not less than 10 words per minute and not greater than 20 words